2636 Union Street
- Magnificent five bedroom, four and a half bath home in a cherished Cow Hollow setting
- Formal entrance and spacious, light filled living room with fireplace, deck, and wonderful architectural details throughout
- Formal dining room with fireplace and window seat
- Bright, spacious kitchen with two walk-out decks, facing North and South
- Luxurious master suite with glorious views
- Four additional bedrooms and two offices
- Spacious family room with wet bar, sweeping views and a deck
- Media room with a deck, hot tub, and steps to the bright garden
- Additional bedroom suite with private entrance
- Exercise room
- Wine cellar
- Laundry room
- Parking for two cars, one in the garage, one in the driveway
- Lower level storage, workshop
This magnificent Arts and Crafts home has sweeping Bay views from every level. Located in the best part of Cow Hollow within easy walking distance to Union Street, Chestnut Street and the Bay, this classic home has gorgeous craftsmanship and beautiful spacious rooms.
The stately formal entrance has a quiet grandeur leading to the spacious living room that is flooded with light. The fireplace is framed with wonderful bookcases, perfect reading benches, and beautiful architectural elements. A door leads to the view deck.
The formal dining room has classic woodwork, a window bench and another fireplace. There is an entrance that can be open or closed to the spacious and bright eat-in kitchen. The kitchen features a six-burner range, custom cabinetry and space for a breakfast table. The kitchen also has two walk-out decks, one to the sunny south garden, and one to the Bay and the view.
Good closets and a powder room complete this floor.
The luxurious master suite has glorious views and a wonderful bathroom with a tub and stall shower. The walk-in closet is the size of a bedroom.
Two additional bright bedrooms have wonderful scale and face the south. These bedrooms share a remodeled bathroom with striking tilework. The large laundry room is conveniently located on this floor. In addition, there is an office with views of the Bay.
A spacious family room frames the sweeping views and a deck. The wet bar and refrigerator are perfect for entertaining.
A large bedroom suite has a private sunny deck and a renovated bathroom. An office with a view of the Bay is a lovely place to work.
This floor has its own private entrance, ideal for guests or family.
A spacious media room has a deck, a hot tub, and steps to the bright garden. The garden has a lovely brick sundial designed and created for the home by an artist.
This level has another large bedroom and renovated bath. There is an exercise room, two large storage rooms, a wine cellar, a laundry room, and a garage. The garage has space for one car and there is space for another car off the street in the driveway.
This level has tremendous storage and mechanical room.
Note: The home was beautifully renovated with many elements, including a new foundation, roof, sprinkler system, windows in 2009.
Escrow: Kevin Thompson, First American Title 415-796-6136; escrow # 5491194.